In order to be a poll worker, you must:
- Be a registered voter
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Not have a close relative appear on the current ballot
- Not hold elective office at the time of service as a poll worker
Exceptions to the elective office provision include:
- political party committee
- township office
- Board or commission member of a political subdivision or special district (unless an issue or candidate relevant to that entity is on the ballot where you are working)
Poll workers are paid for their service on Election Day and often for attending training sessions prior to Election Day. Henry County pays $130 a day.
The polls are open from 6am – 7pm on Election Day. But our poll workers are asked to be at their respective polling place at 5:30 a.m. to insure proper preparation for election day.
WE ENCOURAGE STUDENTS THAT ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ELECTION PROCESS!!
If you are interested in being a poll worker please contact Kelly at (660)885-7206 or print off this application and mail to:
Rick Watson, Henry County Clerk
100 West Franklin
Clinton, Missouri 64735