Registered Missourians who will not be able to go to their polling place on Election Day may vote absentee beginning six weeks prior to an election.
Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
- Religious belief or practice;
- Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter’s polling place;
- Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
Voters can request absentee ballots from their local election authority in person or by fax. Faxed absentee ballot requests should be submitted to the appropriate local election authority. Relatives within the first degree (parents and children) may complete an absentee ballot application, in person, on behalf of the voter who wishes to vote absentee. DO NOT SEND ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE’S OFFICE. ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO :
Henry County Clerk
100 West Franklin
Clinton, Mo 64735
OR you can fax them to Henry County Clerk 660-890-2963.
To vote by absentee ballot, you will not need a photo ID under the new statutory provisions unless you registered by mail and have not yet voted in person at the polls. If you registered by mail and are voting for the first time by absentee, you must provide a copy of your photo ID. Examples of acceptable photo ID are:
- Valid Missouri Driver’s License;
- Valid Missouri Non-Driver’s License;
- Valid U.S. Passport; or
- Valid Military I.D.
This identification requirement, as well as the notary requirement for absentee ballots, does not apply to overseas voters, those on active military duty or members of their immediate family living with them or voters who are permanently disabled and their caregivers.
Please go to: https://www.momilitaryvote.com